Tuesday, July 22, 2014

GSoC 2014 week 8 and 9

Over the last two weeks I have done several things (I couldn't put my last week's post because I had to attend to a family matter, so I could work much on the project as planned).

First I completed the 3rd task, which was to enable the user to use designer, even though the designer related tables are not created. For this task, I used browser storage mechanism, this is Indexed DB. So now the user doesn't have to configure the php myadmin to use the designer, instead using a Indexed DB supported browser, user can use the designer similar to all other functions. Even the pdf exporting has been enable for those scenarios.

From the planned tasks,  "reducing huge duplication of code in schema handling" and  "OOP"ing the code are remaining. But as long as these two are going hand-in-hand, I started to do thse two tasks at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment